Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Axis labels, Color.FromArgb, NullHandling.Break
geotruck
#1 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 4:15:51 AM(UTC)

Groups: MvcChart, Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi, I found several issues in my chart.

1. FillStyle(Color.FromArgb(anyAlpha, anyColor)) renders allways as 100% opacity black color in FF and IE. In Chrome intalled on my OS it is magically working well, but not on other PC's with Chrome. If I use FillStyle("rgba(red, green, blue, alpha)")), it is working well in all browsers.

2. Zoomed-in chart displays wrong datetime string values on datetime axis as well as in corresponding point tooltip. Line is rendered correctly but if you look in tooltip points on line you can see that minute part of datetime string is allways number 8. In datetime axis labels too. The weird part: everything works well in firefox but not in IE and Chrome.

3. NullHandling.Break causes jerky render of the line. I have thousands of values in chart so the line is allways jerky but if you play with fewer values you find out that it strongly depends on nulls in data. Rendering is ok if I put data like this: value, null. But it is jerky if I put data like this: value, null, value. And the more nulls you put in, the more jerky the line is. For small number of data, if you set animation e.g 4sec you can clearly see that after ploting the line correctly during animation, it becomes jerky on the end of the animation. It looks like the line is overdrawed several times. The number of times the line is drawed probably depends on the number of nulls in data. I noticed that if the line is jerky, the zoom is slow/jerky as well. Specially in Chrome.

Versions of browsers:
Chrome 39.0.2171.13 m (64-bit) English
Firefox 33.0 Slovak
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17351 English

I can post you a link to my chart via email. Eventually the data and definition(mvc).
Ivan
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:23:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Yes, please, send us the link to your chart via email, so we can investigate it.
Best,
Ivan Petrov
jqChart Inc.